A new foundation of some sorts.I went to Bobbi Brown to get colour matched to the Long-wear foundation. The girl wanted me to get 02 Sand but it looked so dark on me. Of course she didn’t think so. What is up with that? This isn’t the first time a consultant has tried to push a bad shade on me. She also insisted on piling on all these creams and stuff before putting on the foundation, which just made my skin feel seriously sticky. I told her I’m oily/combo, but noooo. Luckily I went back again on the weekend and spoke to another consultant. My experience was way better and I am now the proud owner of 01 Warm Ivory thanks to the mothership.
- GlamPalm Hair straightener. I need something industrial for this hair of mine.
- theBalm Nude Dude palette. Sadly this little guy is out of stock on the RetailBox website. Sniff.
- A bra from Ewa Michalak. The number of times I’ve tried to order from this Polish company… I’m going to have to do some major emailing to get this one right Alas. But I am determined!
- YSL Black Opium perfume. This stuff smells like all the best dreams in the world.
- Urban Decay Naked2 Basics. If only. Please be mine.
- MAC Brave and MAC Mehr. Yup. Still on my wishlist.
- Dermalogica skin mapping session. I walk passed a Dermalogica store every time I go to gym, and I really want to go and see what they say about my skin. I can’t afford most of the stuff in the store, but I’m keen on the PreCleanse and Daily Microfoliant, as well as some of their treatments that target redness (a big problem of mine). If only I could afford this!
- Stila Nouveau Natural Eye Shadow Palette. I spotted this on the Stila website and fell in love. Will it come to SA? Oh my.
Monthly Archives: March 2015
Trevor Sorbie Curls and Waves conditioner
There was absolutely nothing remarkable about this conditioner. I felt like I needed to use a lot of it for it to feel moisturising. I have very curly hair that is prone to frizz but this didn’t actually make my curl more defined, softer or manageable. This definitely won’t be chucked in the basket again.
Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture night cream
This was nice and really hydrating. I’m still on the hunt for that perfect cream, so until then, I’ll be testing the waters.
Yardley Oatmeal Pressed Powder (Translucent)
This lasted forever and a day. I’ve gone through a few of these but I think it’s time to try something else because this has the tendency to look really powdery and it doesn’t stop shine anyway. Onwards!
The Body Shop Vanilla Brulee shower gel
Finished the first of two that I picked up during the Christmas period. Vanilla will always be my go-to. This was a bit more cloying than the vanilla flavour that The Body Shop promoted two years ago. I’m not a huge fan of this amplified sweetness, but it’s still nice in small doses.
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream for Combination to Oily Skin (Light)
What a freaking name. Who would have known? Man, was this the gift that kept on giving. I was so ready to just throw this stuff away 3 months before it finished, but nope, every time I squeezed, it would eject some air and then WHAM…more. This worked way better than the original version (which just turned me into an oil slick) but was way too yellow for my skin tone. Sometimes the yellow was to my benefit – cancelled out the red a bit, but sometimes it was not good at all.
Would I repurchase? Nah, probably not. It was a great stepping stone into makeup and “foundation” type stuff, though.
And that is it! I think February was a pretty successful month! I finished a powder and a BB cream! Amazeballs.