I’m still mostly on a no-buy thing, which makes me want to buy all the things. And then I went ahead and put in a MAC order. Sigh. Okay, granted, the three things I ordered have been on my OMG NEED TO BUY list and I really didn’t expect them to hit SA so soon. I was thinking I still had a month. That aside, here are the things I’ve been thinking about this May…
- Denim jacket (R720) – I found the almost perfect one at Truworths, BUT it’s like R700 and one teeny tiny size too small (they don’t stock the size up). So, for once, the jacket fits my arms (sing hallelujah!), and everything is perfect down to the wash BUT I can’t button it up. Well, I can if I suck everything in and stop breathing, but then it just fails a sad, sad death when it hits my boobs. The mister was like, well who actually does up their jackets anyway? Especially when you’re wearing a jersey underneath (which I can with this jacket – roomy enough for jerseys, just not my boobs and tum. Whoops). He has a point though, which is making me wonder if I should? But then it’s also like if I’m going to drop that amount of cash on something, it really should close. Right? Gah.
- The Wet Brush (R129 – depends where you buy it) – I’ve had my eyes on one of these for the longest time. I like the Tangle Teezer but I don’t necessarily think it’s the best product out there. For one, although it’s ergonomic in shape, it lacks a damn handle!
Olaplex No. 3 (R399) – What is this, you might ask? It is a magic leave-in-for-as-long-as-you-can-and-then-wash-it-out-serum/treatment-thing. Basically, this is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread. It helps heal your hair and is the last step in a three step treatment but can also be used as a standalone treatment product for those who haven’t undergone the full three step treatment. It’s about R400, but I figure it might be worth it. At the end of the month (the 27th in fact), I’m planning on getting a Brazilian treatment done (this will be the second one I’ve had) and thought this would be a great companion.This stuff comes in the tiniest bottle ever. Gah. It better be fucking magic. I’ll keep you posted – using it tonight. TheBalm Balm Desert bronzer/blush (R320) – This has been on my wishlist ever since Retailbox started stocking TheBalm products. It was sold out for ages and is now back in stock. I definitely want this. It looks like the perfect blush/bronzer hybrid – which is kinda what I’m into at the moment.Got this in October 2016 as part of the Retailbox sale (plus I had some points to use up)
- Davines LOVE Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner (R265/R295) – More on the hair front. Can you tell I’m excited for the Brazilian? These are pricey (about R265 and R295 respectively) but worth it? I might just get one (the shampoo possibly?)
- Foreo Luna Play (R700) – I’ve wanted the Foreo Luna Mini for ever and a day. When Zando first launched it like 2 years ago (or more) I was super keen until I saw the price tag. Yep. Now, I know it’s an investment but it’s A LOT of money to spend when you can’t actually go and physically touch and experience the thing. I’m a tactile person. I can’t help it. Also, would I enjoy using it? The Play is a nice way to “test” the product. It’s the size and shape of a macaroon, and is about R700. It has a limited time span (can’t be recharged unlike the core range) but you do get a few months out of it, just enough to figure out if it’s something you’d like to invest in. I think it’s a great idea, really. Also, if you still don’t want to spend the R2500+, you can just buy another Play 😛
- Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream All-over Miracle Oil (R425) – Yes please. Since launching, I’ve been wanting to get my hands on this stuff but I just couldn’t (and still can’t) justify it. Why? Because I own too many body products. I still want this though. And since this list isn’t a SHOPPING list, why not add it.
- Lush Tea Tree Water Toner (R95) – For dem oilz.