God, the last empties I did was in October. That means we have a lot of catching up to do.
- Clarins Extra-firming Day Cream (for all skin types) deluxe sample – I’ve mentioned this a few times I think. I really love this stuff. I have oily/combo skin and it feels luxurious on my skin, and doesn’t make me any oilier than I usually am. I would really consider buying a full size of this BUT the full size comes in a goddamned pot (sample comes in tube) and I’m really not a fan of pot packaging.
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel (60ml mini) – I got this for my birthday in May. The scent isn’t my favourite, so this will definitely not be a repurchase. Lathered up well enough, though.
- The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Rough Scrub (50ml mini) – Also a birthday present. I’m not too sure why this is described as “rough”. The particles (yes, rough) are suspended in a jelly (sort of), which pretty much removes all scrubbiness it might have had. I think this would have been alright on dry skin, but I’m not in a habit of applying scrub before climbing into the shower.
- Skoon Purifying Cleanser (5ml sample pot) – This ended up drying out on me after a few uses! I liked it, but it wasn’t a major love, unlike the makeup remover. Oh well!
- Clarins Ever Matte Skin Balancing Foundation (105 nude) – Loved this. This was a rediscovery for me, so much so that I finished the whole thing. I would actually repurchase, but I’ve got a few other foundations that I need to finish first, and I’m really, really, really lusting over the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (but it’s tragically expensive).
- Lush Jasmine and Henna Fluff-ease (220g tub) – Ahhhhh, I loved this! The scent alone… *swoon* This was a birthday present from the wonderful Jess and it was amazing. It does have sulphates in it, for those who are avoiding them.
- Tony Moly Pomegranate Elasticity Sheet Mask – Sjoe, I can’t remember what I thought of this mask. Whoops!
- Freeman’s Mint and Lemon Clay Mask (sachet) – So, I realised after I tried slathering the entire sachet on my face that this is meant for like 2-3 uses. No, Freeman’s. No one actually opens up a foil sachet and decides to keep it around for a week. Just no. Who came up with that bright idea? Anyway, these sachets definitely include enough for 3 applications, fyi 😛 I liked this. I’d buy this again.
- The Body Shop Vanilla Chai Body Scrub – December is my favourite month at The Body Shop (and Lush) because their Christmas collection USUALLY includes something vanilla-scented. Vanilla (I know, pretty boring…) is my favourite. This scrub was alright. Not the best, but it wasn’t the worst I’ve tried.
- The Body Shop Cool & Creamy Wash – I’m still so gutted that this has been discontinued (I think). I can’t find it anywhere anymore 😥 The last time I spotted it, I bought all the tubes in store (only 3) and I think I only have one left. Tragic. This is one of my favourites for a morning cleanse.
- Freeman’s Beauty Infusion Cleansing Clay Mask Charcoal & Probiotics (sachet) – Another one of those sachets with too much product for one application, but no way to seal the sachet to keep it fresh… I liked this one too!
- MAC Cleansing Oil (30ml) – I bought the mini to give it a go, and also so I could use the packaging for another cleansing oil (Lipidol). I really liked this – more so than the Lipidol I’m using – and would actually consider the full size.
- Garnier Micellar Oil-infused Cleansing Water – Loved this. Bought another immediately after finishing it. Almost finished that one, and have a back up. So yeah, I use this every single day to remove my makeup.
- OGX Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy – I didn’t specify if this was the shampoo or conditioner, but I think it was the conditioner because I gave away the shampoo to my mom. Shampoo left my hair flakey and gross. Loved the conditioner.
- Kerastase Ciment Thermique (Green – 10ml sample) – Used this when I blow dried my hair and flat ironed it – which I almost never ever do these days. Was alright.
- Freeman’s Avocado and Oatmeal Clay Mask (sachet) – Same as above. Liked this too! Had little scrubby bits, which was fun and different.
- Skoon Gel-to-Milk Cleanser + Makeup Remover – Love. This was the full size version I bought at Kamersvol. Haven’t repurchased because I was gifted the Skin Creamery version (which I’m also loving). I reckon I’d definitely repurchase this at some point.
- Hugo Boss Femme perfume (75ml) – I was gifted this when I graduated 3rd year. Only just finished it this year. Crazy. I liked this perfume, but ended up growing a little tired of it towards the end. I think my scent preferences have changed. This was quite… summer-y. To give you an idea, my favourite perfume is Dolce & Gabbana – The One, and Femme is pretty much the complete opposite.
- The Curl Company Sulfate-Free Shampoo – This was okay, but I didn’t end up repurchasing. I think I went and bought my favourite Loreal shampoo in the end.
- Loreal Paris Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Mask Balm – Well, this was definitely not a balm. I had a love-hate relationship with this stuff. Sometimes it would work well with my hair, other times it wouldn’t. It also has shimmers in the actual product, which I’m convinced gets stuck to your hair (to make it shine?), which can be fucking irritating.
- Lux Evenly Beautiful Exfoliating Body Wash with Burnt Brown Sugar, Karite Butter and Almond Extract – Nice enough. Didn’t repurchase. I actually prefer Dove, to be honest.
- Essie – Rock the Boat, Mavala – French Cancan, Essie – Very Cranberry, Essie – Gel Setter – Well, Rock the Boat’s lid and part of the bottle broke off (what.) so that had to go. Mavala dried up even though I’d only had it for about a year, and I’m so sad to see Very Cranberry go because that is my favourite Essie shade and I suspect, limited edition. Repurchased Gel Setter – really love that stuff.
- The Body Shop Chai Latte Body Wash – Really liked this. Would have repurchased, but no stock left.
- Cettua Anti-Redness Facial Mask – I think this was okay?
- Dove 100% Pure Cotton Wool Pads Dual Textured – Really liked these but only purchased them because I couldn’t get my paws on the Woolworths Cosmetic Pads (ultimate favourite) but this was a worthy temporary replacement.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Oil-free Mattifying Moisturiser – I honestly thought this would be better! Currently I’m using Caudalie’s mattifying sorbet stuff.
- Essence Pureskin Purifying Nose Strips – I really can’t remember how I felt about these so I reckon they weren’t that great and not that bad either.
I’ll probably post February at a later stage, but I honestly didn’t finish much up. Spoiler – my BeautyBlender died a very sad death. I have some strong feelings about it, which I’ll publish at some point. Same goes for the Stila eyeliner, actually.
Looking at the products I finished up, clearly December was all about self-care (I clearly needed it!) and at the moment, I’m really trying to finish stuff and not buy anything I don’t really need… I have to buy a car soon, so ya know!
I think my wishlist is probably going to look so ridiculous since I’m on a spending ban. At least my birthday is in May? 😛 Until next time!