IT HAS BEEN FOREVER. Really. Sorry about that. Life happened, but I think that may be another blog post for another time…
Predictably, a lot has ended up in the bin over the last few months. Some of it has been really good, some absolutely dreadful. So let’s get into it!
- L’Oreal Professional Expert Series Delicate Colour Sulfate-free Protecting Shampoo (Sample) – I have no idea. Moving on.
- L’Oreal Professional Expert Series Vitamino Colour Protecting Gel Masque (Sample) – Again, I can’t remember.
- Cettua Half Moon Firming Eye Patch (1 pair) – Loved these. They’re really cooling. That reminds me, I need to try them again.
- Kiehl’s Cilantro and Orange Pollutant Defending Masque (Sample) – Love this stuff. I really want to get a jar!
- Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser – One of my favourite morning cleansers, which appears to have been discontinued. Sad, sad days.
- Esse Deep Moisturiser (Sample) – I think this was a bit too rich for my skin?
- Soap & Glory Clean on Me Shower Gel – I love this brand, and this was a great scent for the summer as it’s really fresh.
- Marrakesh Oil Argan and Hemp Oil Therapy Hair Styling Elixir Original Scent (Sample) – Seriously loved this stuff. I got it in a Hairwarehouse order and I’m seriously considering buying this. Currently using a Hask hair oil.
- Skin79 Super BB Cream VIP Gold (Sample x 2) – I loved this so much, I ordered a sample kit off Lookfantastic. Basically, you get 3 mini tubes (a lot more than what is in the foil sample by a long shot!) to try. It comes with the Gold, Orange and Pink versions. I’m still making up my mind which one I like more
- Max Factor Creme Puff Blush (Nude Mauve) – Loved this. I can’t believe I finished an entire blush! I haven’t repurchased. Currently using Rimmel’s Santa Rose.
- Freeman’s Charcoal and Black Sugar Polishing Mask (Sachet) – This was a serious winner. I was going through a really flaky skin stage and this was the only thing that worked. I ended up buying like 4 tubes of this stuff.
- Cettua Hydrating Facial Mask – I used this after the Polishing Mask (above) and it was good. I think I still have one or two lying about.
- Sorbet Hydrating Face Mask – This was pretty good too. These sorts of things usually form part of my self-care routine, rather than skincare routine.
- The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder (shade 01) – Another finished makeup product! Crazy days! This was great! I didn’t repurchase, as I’m using up an Essence “contour” powder at the moment.
- Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub – My all-time favourite product ever. Love love love.
- The Body Shop Almond Milk and Honey Shower Cream – I got this as a birthday present. I like it. Sometimes it seems too sweet, and other times, it seems okay. I think I finished another one of these later in the year.
- L’Oreal Pure Riche Replenishing and Taming Conditioner – I really like this range!
- L’Oreal Pure Riche Nourishing and Taming Shampoo – Again, I really like this stuff. It smells good and feels really moisturising.
- Sampar H2O Emergency Sheet Mask – I really liked this. I used it during the flaky stage.
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Mattifying Fluid – I’m not sure I loved this as much as the normal Moisturing Sorbet, which is really weird as this version is more geared to my skin type than the Sorbet. I have one more tube squirreled away.
- Lush Rub Rub Rub (330g pot) – This was great. I was gifted another big pot for my birthday.
- Sampar Lap of Luxury Sea Salt Scrub – Not my favourite scent and it was a chore to finish. The consistency is thick, but not the good thick, and it’s gritty, but not gritty under running water.
- Marrakesh Miracle Masque Argan and Hemp Oil Therapy Deep Conditioning Hair Cocktail Masque (Sample) – Again, I loved the scent. This product range smells heavenly. I must admit, my hair felt great after this.
- Beauty Formulas Soothing and Nourishing Hand Mask – I get super dry hands, so this was actually really effective.
June and July
- Bobbi Brown Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover – I got this as a gift for Christmas and I really, really liked it. I used it sparingly because ahem, I can’t afford to buy this stuff!
- Good Stuff Exxtra Care & Repair Cream Cleanser Pro Elastin, Vitamin E and Avocado Butter – I actually really liked this and would repurchase. I’m currently using a Sampar cream cleanser.
- Freeman Beauty Honeydew and Chamomile Sleeping Mask (Sachet) – One of these masks seriously made my eyes burn. I think this one was okay. Maybe. Maybe it was the Lemon one… Hmm.
- Moroccan Oil Treatment (25ml) – I really liked this but I don’t think I’d buy it for myself. This was actually a gift from a few years ago. I’m using a Hask hair oil at the moment.
- Sorbet Hydrating Sheet Mask – Same as above
- Skin Republic Nail + Cuticle Repair 20-minute Treatment – Liked this. It was really hydrating.
- The Body Shop Almond Milk and Honey Body Wash – Yup, see, it came up again.
- Mark Anthony Repairing Macadamia Oil Sulfate-free Deep Rescue Conditioning Treatment – I didn’t repurchase so I don’t think this was a good one for me.
- Essence Sunkissed Bronzer Powder (shade 01) – This was nice! Really shimmery though, if that isn’t your thing. A very soft powder, nice tone.
- Caudalie Makeup Remover Cleansing Water (30ml) – I got this in a gift set I bought years ago and finally used it up. It was actually quite effective.
- The Body Shop Spa of the World Polynesian Monoi Radiance Oil (170ml) – This just kept on giving. Wow. I thought it would never end. Loved the scent, but it felt too oily. I’m a dry oil sorta gal.
- Carmex Lip Balm – The one and only.
- Cettua Half Moon Firming Eye Patch (1 pair) – It came up again!
- Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Peel (5 treatments) – SO. IN LOVE. I just wish a pack of 30 wasn’t so damn expensive!
- Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate (2ml) – I liked this. I used it in the morning when I was feeling really dry.
- Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream – I have a love-hate relationship with this. I liked how light it was but it didn’t always mesh very well with my skin.
Apparently I was either lazy, or didn’t finish much in August. Whoops.
So there we go. A shit ton of products. I hope some of this was useful! Over and out.