After a pretty shit August, September wasn’t very much better when it came to finishing things up, but I think I made up for it in October. Speaking of, can you freaking believe that we are in November already? Christmas is quite literally just around the corner… Which both scares the crap out of me and makes me feel very excited.
- Theravine Ultimate Eye Make-up Remover – I am actually not sure when I finished this… Was it August? Was it September? Either way, it’s gone now. I received this as a birthday gift. I liked it… but also didn’t. I found that it was very oily (obviously, as it is an oil cleanser) but not in that nice-oil kinda way and it left a film over my eyes after removing makeup. It has a spray nozzle rather than a pump, which seems handy/less messy, but the spray is quite an excitable one and I found that I got oil mist everywhere. Won’t purchase it myself but if I got it as a gift again, I’d use it, because it did the job.
- Good Stuff Nourish & Flourish Shea Butter & Vanilla Orchid Body Wash (700ml) – Yep, this was a ginormous bottle. I decanted it every now and then into a much more manageable bottle that I used in the shower. It smelt great! When I went to repurchase, the Clicks/Dischem I went to didn’t have this line, so I ended up replacing it with another brand.
- Dove cotton rounds – Still not my favourite. I hold a torch for the Woolworths cotton rounds but I buy these sometimes because they’re cheaper, and out of convenience (when I’m not near a Woolworths but need to restock).
- Lush Scrubee – I went into Lush JUST TO LOOK and came out with this and Ultrabland (a repurchase). I really loved Scrubee. It’s in my favourite scent (Honey I Washed the Kids and It’s Raining Men) and it felt really moisturising and really scrubby… But didn’t last all that long. Maybe a month of every day use? I’d get this again, definitely!
- Loreal Ultra Riche Intense Nourishing Mask – I love the scent, but I don’t think it was any more remarkable than other masks I have used in the past.
- Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder (shade 52) – I liked this. It didn’t blow my socks off, but it was nice to use and lasted for freaking ever (as in the compact, not the powder on my skin. On my skin, I still got oily around the six hour mark). I have a feeling this lasted so long because it was quite densely packed. It picks up easily on a brush, though. I’m currently using a powder from The Balm.
- The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% – If I wasn’t so broke, I’d repurchase this! I really liked it. I mostly used it at night because I found that it was quite tacky on the skin (goes away once you put a moisturiser over top). I found my skin was less blotchy (I get a lot of redness. It didn’t zap the redness, it just made the red look more even…ha) and I didn’t get very many breakouts when using this.
- Olaplex Hair Protector No. 3 (100ml) – If only this stuff didn’t come in such a small container… and didn’t cost so much. I found that when I did use it, my hair felt smoother for longer (I get very frizzy, thanks curly hair!) People are talking about No. 2 at the moment… I need to read up and see what that’s all about. I’d also like to point out that I never got the Olaplex treatment done. I ONLY bought No. 3. I’m assuming the effects of No. 3 are better when they complement the treatment.
- Indola Innova Hydrate Shampoo – I got this in a Retailbox secret box once upon a time. I hadn’t used it because I was on a sulfate-free kick (I kinda still am) but in an effort to use up stuff, I cracked it open. Not my favourite shampoo ever, but it was okay. It did it’s job. It’s a very no-frills-attached formula.
- Carmex Classic Moisturising Lip Balm – The best lip balm there is. Works so well… When I remember to use it. I have really, really dry lips that are almost always chapped. This is the only stuff that helps BUT I need to use it regularly.
- Balm Balm Rosehip Serum (30ml) – This took an age to finish! It also started smelling rancid towards the end, and honestly, that says something, cos rosehip oil doesn’t smell great to begin with. My skin loved this though. I’d definitely consider picking up the oil again, but I’ll try another brand.
- Environ Original A Pre-cleanser – I like using an oil or makeup remover to get rid of most of my makeup before going in with another balm/oil/cream cleanser. This did the job. I don’t think the dispensing method is the best. It has one of those drip top things. Is this making sense? The oil comes out a tiny opening. To increase the flow you either have to squeeze the bottle (not always easy) or shake it while pouring (but that isn’t a good idea!) Currently, I’m finishing off a Garnier Oil-infused Micellar Water, which I used to love, but don’t love anymore.
- Loreal Super Liner So Couture eyeliner – I think this is one of two brush nib eyeliners available at “the drugstore” in South Africa. I love this because of the brush nib. It gives me the perfect flick every time (minus human error) and it’s pretty black. I wish it was more matte, but ah well. I have a backup but I’m currently using the L.O.V Cosmetics Royaliner eyeliner (also brush nib) but I don’t like it as much.
- Hey Gorgeous Spicy Chai and Vanilla Body Scrub Bliss – It was a friend’s birthday recently and I kinda had a “one for you and one for me” moment. I got her the Sugar Cookie scrub and I got this one. I loved it. It doesn’t beat my Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub love, but it’s good and definitely something I’d buy again (probably in a different scent though because they have such great scents!)
- Garnier Skinactive Moisture Bomb Super-hydrating Re-balancing tissue mask – The hype hit and I had to try this. It’s just like any other sheet mask I’ve tried, but I think the fit was mostly better (except for the tiny eye holes). I have another one waiting for me.
- Lush Christingle Body Conditioner (100g) – I finished this just in time to restock for Christmas 😉 This stuff is great if you like that minty, eucalyptus feeling on your skin. It’s so tingly! I’m adding this to my Christmas list.
- Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara – Damn, I loved this so much but you can’t buy it here and I have heard whisperings that it’s been discontinued overseas. This stuff was really black, had a sort of dry-ish formula (which I like) and really plumped up the lashes.
- Bobbi Brown No Smudge mascara – This definitely didn’t smudge, but it wasn’t water resistant. I liked it. It provided a more natural look than what I prefer.
Here’s to a wonderful November!