Thanks to the festive season, January is a pretty thin month when it comes to shopping. I did make a splurge this month – I got the MAC x Ellie Goulding Halcyon Nights palette – but I had been putting money aside for that. Wondering if it’s any good? Well, let’s just say it’s all I’ve had on my eyes since it arrived in the post. Seriously loving it.
There’s still a bunch of things from last year that are still on my list – the GlamPalm Standard hair straightener (the one I’ve been using for the last 5+ years has started overheating and burning the crap out of me, so I think maybe this should happen sooner rather than later) and the Fossil Preston Small Flap bag in black, for example. Both are R2500-ish, so…all big investments for me. We’ll see – both of those WILL happen one day, just not now.
Onto the more obtainable things… Sort of…
Dior Diorskin Nude Air Illuminating Powder 001 (glowing pink) from the Dior Spring 2016 collection. Hopefully this will hit stores sometime soon! This will probably be way too much money for what it’s worth. R850-ish?FINALLY! This happened at the end of February 🙂 It’s beautiful! But it was so expensive…
- Polar A360 fitness tracker – R3200. Okay…I do really want this but again… something this expensive is just not happening now. Maybe for my birthday. Maybe not. I thought I’d just list it here anyway.
- Zana x Superbalist Cat Nap Duvet Cover Queen – R999. Alright, I give up. None of these things will happen.
- TheBalm Balm Desert Bronzer – R320. I’m waiting for this to come back in stock on Retailbox. I think this could make a good blush/bronzer hybrid.
- Skoon Cleanser + Make-up remover – R460. Oh my, this sounds interesting. This locally made cleanser is a gel to milk formula and claims to remove makeup. I’d love to give this a go. Also, their exfoliating mask looks absolutely amazing too!
Eyeliner brush – I asked around on Twitter and I’m going to go check out the Inglot offering. Looks like it’s exactly what I want from a brush.Bought the Inglot 30T eyeliner brush. The girl kept telling me it was the 31T. Sigh. Anyway, got the right one in the end! Busy putting it to the test/getting used to the bent/angled brush, etc.
- BeautyBlender – R350? I want to know what the hype is all about!
Realistically… none of this is happening! See you in February for another of these lists!